Week #7 - Playtest #2 Delayed
I really hoped I will not need to do this but I have to delay the second playtest to the 2nd of August.
It sucks a little bit, I know. I hurts me the most, I promise you that. But it will be for the best, so you will have to trust me on this one.
So what happened?
While working on this prototype there were two problems that happened:
Things that I've worked on took longer than I expected
I came to realize that I need more than what I've planned for this to be a productive prototype.
What I am doing differently
First things first - I reorganized my tasks.
I broke down everything that I can to smaller pieces, and arrived at tasks that I can measure in a few hours.
That's a lot of tasks, but they are now smaller, and therefore I can plan my time working on them better.
Also, most of the work I've done this week is on the plot for the game, and therefore, it is relevant for the prototype (I did work on something else that is cool, but it's a surprise for those that will play the test so no sharing of it right now (; ).
Anyway, I've took the time to write down all the story beats for the prototype, and then to expand them to 5 pages of something that I call a "script guide":
So in the end, I promise this is for the better.
Thank you for being with me on this journey, I'll see you next week (: