What a week.
I've updated the game with music and bug-fixes before playtesting, and sent it to 18 people that signed up to participate in the playtest.
Out of those 18, 11 played and left feedback by now - and the results are mixed, which is better then I hoped!
So what did I discover during the playtest?
Bugs always happen - I am terribly sorry for anyone that got stuck and had to reset the game!
My tutorial kind-of works, but that's not good enough.
People liked the character and the humor, except when they did not - the text and interactions needs a lot of revisions until it will hit the spot.
The base mechanics (movement, jumping, and connecting stuff) needs more polish.
A WHOLE LOT MORE.
Basically, testing the game early made me see flaws I was already blind to, and gave me a lot of focus on what should be done next.
So I aim for another playtest in about a month, after fixing everything that I can. Hopefully it will be a lot better.
But, in the meantime, Here is the first character animation I have ever done. Hopefully I will get better with time, but for now I think it will do.
For those of you that wonder, here are the iterations for this animation:
I would love to hear what you guys think about these animations, so feel free to leave feedback for it :)
See you again next week! :)